Contract Law is designed to provide coverage of the fundamental legal principles at play in this area. Written in the authors’ trademark clear and engaging style and incorporating a range of student-focused features, the book also introduces critical and contextual analysis to help you to develop your own critique and deepen your understanding of the law of contract.
This eleventh edition has been fully updated with coverage of all recent statutory and case law developments including:
· The Consumer Rights Act 2015 on consumer contracts
· The Insurance Act 2015 on insurance contracts
· Marks and Spencer v BNP Paribas (2015) on implied terms
· Arnold v Britton (2015) on interpretation of express terms
· Salt v Stratstone Specialist Ltd (2015) and Hayward v Zurich (2016) on misrepresentation
· Cavendish Square v Makdassi (2015) on penalty clauses
· Patel v Mirza (2016) on the effect of an illegal contract
For additional web updates accompanying this text, please visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/legalupdates.
About the authors
Catherine Elliott (LLB, DEA) is a qualified barrister and experienced university lecturer, who has written extensively in the field of law.
Frances Quinn is an award-winning journalist with a particular interest in, and experience of, the law.