In this compelling work on Flat Earth Theory, David Waldo Scott uses a collection of scripture, reason, and fact to argue against the idea that the earth is a planet.
Since its publication in 1901, Terra Firma: the Earth Not a Planet, Proved From Scripture, Reason, and Fact has become one of the primary texts on the subject and is a wonderful insight into the philosophy of a bygone age. Focussing on the work made by 'modern astronomers', Scott draws on testimonies from travellers past, biblical scriptures, as well as other concepts from flat earth theorists to produce a wide-ranging collection of evidence to support his argument.
Chapters in the book include:
- The Adamic Creation
- The Nebular Hypothesis: Examination of Three Alleged Proofs of the World's Globularity
- The World Circular, But Not Globular; Has Immovable Foundations, Therefore Not a Planet
- The Horizontally of Land and Water Proved
- The Sun, Moon, and Stars, According to Modern Astronomy
- The Deluge - Biblical Account
Despite being written over a decade ago, this work by David Waldo Scott continues to inspire modern generations. This edition by Read & Co. Books features an introduction to astronomy and is an interesting read for those interested in Flat Earth Theory and Christianity.