Book Keeping and Accounts 9th Edition
Now going into its 9th edition, the successful textbook Book-keeping and Accounts is a vital guide for students undertaking studies of book-keeping and accounting for the first time. Through its gradual introduction of topics, explanation of technical terminology in a clear, easy to understand way, this text provides an accessible and reliable guide for any student in their undergraduate career.
New to this edition:
· Fully compliant with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), with current IFRS terminology.
· Questions and exercises to test your understanding and help with revision.
· Selected chapters amended and re-structured.
· Full explanation of HMRC changes in VAT relating to cash discounts.
· Illustrations and diagrams to help explain key concepts.
· Updated ‘learning objectives’ and ‘chapter summaries’, to reflect developments in the financial environment
· Easy to understand to double entry book-keeping using the ‘IN’ and ‘OUT’ approach.
With its highly regarded authorship this text is used by lecturers for teaching students undertaking the following qualifications and examinations; Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), International Association of Book-keepers (IAB), A Level Accounting, Oxford Cambridge and Royal Society of Arts (OCR), and as a general foundation text for personnel employed in the accountancy profession.
Accompanying the text is a collection of resources to support both lecturers and students which can be found at www.pearsoned.co.uk/wood
- For instructors : Solution’s manual, and Powerpoint slides
- For students : Opportunities to practise and additional support with our companion website
Frank Wood is the world’s best-selling author of accounting textbooks.
Sheila Robinson, BA (Hons) CertEd, FMAAT, worked for a firm of chartered accountants before gaining extensive teaching experience at Stockport College of Higher and Further Education, where, as Senior Lecturer she taught on accounting and management courses. Sheila is a well-established author of book-keeping and accountancy books and a former Council Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians.