Designed for use in routine medical screening, this concise manual provides a simple and effective tool for detecting color vision deficiencies in any population. It features 32 color plates that use the principles of pseudoisochromasia (distinguishing numbers and letters on a color background) and pseudoanisochromasia (detecting characters of differing brightness on a color background) to assess and classify a wide range of disorders. With key points on administering the test and interpreting results, this book is invaluable for diagnosing color vision deficiency.
- Offers detailed instructions on using the plates to achieve the most accurate color vision assessment
- Supplies information on the physiology, pathology, epidemiology and genetics of color blindness and associated disorders
- Includes plates for blue-yellow as well as the more common red-green deficiencies
- Provides a transparent overlay sample to demonstrate findings
- Offers tips for testing children and other individuals who have difficulty reading
For all ophthalmologists, optometrists, internists, technicians, and other specialists who need to evaluate an individual#s color vision for medical or occupational reasons, Plates for Color Vision Testing is an essential practice aid.