Human Resource Management, eighth edition
Julie Beardwell and Amanda Thompson
This highly engaging, bestselling textbook, now in its eighth edition offers a comprehensive examination of contemporary human resource management issues and debates.
Aimed at undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students, this title provides an authoritative source for students of CIPD Advanced qualifications. An at-a-glance mapping table linking CIPD modules to the book chapters is included.
Human Resource Management: A Contemporary Approach seeks to raise critical awareness of HRM through a series of highly readable chapters which expertly entwine research informed theory with practical insights to the subject.
New to the eighth edition is a focus on:
· comparative HRM and globalisation,
· ethics, CSR and employee wellbeing,
· a new chapter considering the impact of BREXIT and
· coverage of the green agenda on HRM.
Popular features of the text have been enhanced and updated, such as:
· Introductory and concluding case studies for use in seminars to stimulate interest and provoke thought
· Self-test questions for students in each chapter
· Explore sections for the reader to consider how theories, models and concepts apply to various types of workplaces
· ‘Key controversies’ which extract contentious issues and invite the reader to formulate their own viewpoint
About the authors
Julie Beardwell was Chief Moderator Standards at the CIPD until 2015 and has over 25 years' experience of leading and teaching on HR programmes.
Amanda Thompson is Head of the Department of HRM and Head of the Department of Corporate Development at De Montfort University